Help needed - L&R Mastermatic motor housing disassembly

I have a L&R Mastermatic in desperate need of rewiring, especially the cable going to the motor. I removed the motor assembly an began to disassemble it, but have issues separating the upper and lower housing. I tried prying a bit, but stopped in fear of damaging the internals. One thing I noticed is the motor brushes did not fully come out and think possibly these are not allowing me to open the housing.  Does anyone have experience opening this particular L&R motor housing? Any pointers? 

20230329_162121.jpg

20230329_170137.jpg

20230329_170156.jpg

20230329_170204.jpg

23 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I had planned to make the NAWCC event in Mesquite early this month, but it just didnt work out.

Im new so I was not aware of the event. By the way... 

1. How do I measure for baskets?
  2. Is the main center column tube on the base Nickle plated or Chrome plated? Going to send mine to be redone.

9 minutes ago, aifeliciano said:

Im new so I was not aware of the event. By the way... 

1. How do I measure for baskets?
  2. Is the main center column tube on the base Nickle plated or Chrome plated? Going to send mine to be redone.

There was a large NAWCC regional in Mesquite.  People get together from all around and buy and sell their watch/clock stuff.  If you are not in NAWCC, you would not know about it.

Not sure what you mean by measuring baskets.  You should have an aluminum spinner that mounts on the end of the shaft.  The shaft, I am pretty sure, is just a steel rod...no coating.  Leave it alone.  The baskets mount on the spinner when you are ready to clean.  You don;t have any baskets?

Like this

image.png.21f43204a022c650488c60cfd259d5cd.png

My machine didn't come with any baskets. I need to find some of ebay, so was trying to figure out what diameter baskets i need. 

I meant the 1" main center pipe. I think it's nickel plated, because it somewhat yellowish after a slight polishing

image.png.21f43204a022c650488c60cfd259d5cd.png

pByK8M7.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.