How to remove this part from a JLC bracelet clasp?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I tend to replace them with friction fitted jewels, unless the client wants to keep the originality of the movement, but then they pay more for that luxury.
    • You're right Rich, throwing money at something that is practically worthless. I've had i happen a few times, its  disappointing, but a lesson learned in checking everything out before you put in too much effort. I'm still tempted to look through a load of balances and wheels i have to see whats doable with the genuine staffs, I'm thinking the  wheel that it came with is not genuine, it's had it weight completely hacked down. 
    • Ok thanks  it was just the brass cover next to the previous 3 keyless parts. Normally i wouldn't have expected that to be used to identify,  but I've searched American,  German and French part catalogs and coming up with nothing for the set lever,set spring and  yoke. I will have another look later today. There is another way but you would have to measure the stem very accurately. 
    • The diameter of the dial side is 40mm, and the other side 36,5mm. Here is another picture
    • The chronometer on the dial might just be a brand name, looking back yes i was mislead by the mention of Remontoir inside the case. Still not sure why it says Ancre Remontoir which translates to anchor winder, i imagine that means lever winder which still suggests to me 2 winding springs. I'm sure i have that same watch with chronometer on the dial ,I've never ventured inside it. My missus looks after 90% of my watches , so i will get hold of that one and have a look inside. Haha no not a remontoire, looks very basic.  Good to see the keyless works, can you measure the plate size to cut down on the search for them. Can you lay out that brass bridge cover as well please next to the other 3 pieces.