Looking For The Battery Type Of A "swiss Military By Chrono"

Hello all !

I am absolutely new here, and I registered because I need help finding the battery type for a "Swiss military by chrono" watch.

I bought the watch in Switzerland some five years back and offered it to a friend in Kenya.

Now obviously it has stopped.

I will be in Kenya by the end of the year and I would like to be there with a replacement battery that I will install myself (no big problems so far).

The issue is that I have no clue about what type of battery this watch uses and my searches have been unsuccessful yet.

So if any of you had the information I would be eternally greatful.

I join a photo of the watch so you can get an idea of what model I am talking about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has informations to share.

Cheers

Alfred

post-1173-0-97161100-1434389403_thumb.jp

Do you know which movement is fitted? Or can you pop the back and take a picture of the movement?

If it is a 955.xxx then either a 371 or 395 should be right but not possible to know for sure unless we can see what movement it is.

Side note: I will be in Kenya in October - really looking forward to seeing my family there :)

Well unfortunately, this picture is all I managed to have from the current owner of the watch. I really don't think I can have him pop the back...

But I wouldn't have any issues with buying more than one battery as long as I can be reasonably sure that I have one that fits.

Oh ! so you have family there ? which part of the country ? My wife is a bukusu from a small village near Bungoma.

We will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in december with the family. :biggrin:

I cannot find any information on their website regarding the movements they use. If another board member has one they may chime in.

Otherwise you could fire the manufacturer a quick email with the model number and ask the battery type.

CONTACT

CHRONO AG 
CH-4502 Solothurn
Switzerland

Tel. +41 (0)32 624 14 14 
Fax +41 (0)32 624 14 15 
E-Mail: [email protected]

Or their UK service centre:

RT WATCHES 

Raymond Tucker 
62 Chestnut Road 
Vange 
SS16 4TQ Basildon

Tel. +44 1268 551171 
[email protected]

I hope that helps.

Yes my wife is from Karatina in Nyeri not far from Nairobi. Never heard of Bungoma but looking at the map it's close to the Uganda border. The furthest I have been that way is Nakuru. Nice to meet you zenalf :)

Congrats on your 20 years marriage, just passed my 20 years a couple years ago :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

I just had an answer that I wanted to share with you to close this topic.

The battery is a Renata 371.

Thanks to all of you who helped me sort it out.

Have a happy (hot :hot: ) summer

Cheers

Alfred