Help on Seiko 4205-0155

Hello Ladies & Gents, how are we all today. Very well I hope....

This is my first auto movement service! And when I removed the oscillating weight and its plate there was a jeweled spring underneath(picture attached)which was dislodged when I picked up the plate and I am not totally sure how it goes back!!! Exact position? Which way around? etc...

Please is there someone that can help me with this? Be hugely appreciated. I like to ask first rather that far around trying to place it & damage something!!!

Many thanks to you all in advance....

David....

20220509_203149.jpg

20220509_200046.jpg

20220509_193216.jpg

4205 is a fiddly little thing isn't it? 🙂

That 'spring' isn't actually a spring. It's the magic lever, which is what turns the oscillating weight movement into an action that winds the mainspring. If you look online for Seiko 4205A you should find a schematic without too much difficulty. In fact, here's one I found for you:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=4205

But looking at the doc it doesn't show what you need. Instead, look at the 4205B and you will see how it all goes together.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hello Sir, thanks for the swift reply and it definitely helped. But(there's always a BUT)I am a little unsure about the friction spring for sweep second hand now! Does the Awl lever just sit on top of that as it covers the centre hole below where the Awl lever jewel is? It's shown in the pictures I added previously...

God, I wish the Awl Lever stayed in place when I lifted the plate up! Would of saved much hassle. But I guess that's the beauty of it. Overcoming problems...

Many thanks, David...