Red 12 .... Conundrum

My Great Grandmother's Red 12 is a long term project for me as I need to learn how to bush the barrel bridge and main plate and try and source a new Barrel/ Barrel lid.

However, by a stroke of luck I have picked up for next to nothing another red 12 movement which matches the case size perfectly. Having cleaned and serviced it, it appears to be running pretty well .... beat error is about 0.9, the amplitude is ± 240 and I can regulate to run -2 to + 8 secs (initial set up only tested face up).

However, the winding stem is broken, and more problematic the keyless works appears to have a separate push mechanism to set the hands. 

Firstly does anyone have any thoughts/advice on how I might source a winding stem?

Secondly, does anyone have any clever thoughts on the hand setting? I can open the back (which is a pocket watch style back) and use a screwdriver to activate the hand setting - but is that my only option. Currently I am in the realms of so near ... but so far!

Pictures of the movement attached. There are some numbers on the plate (34731) and bridges, but no movement makers marks.

IMG_0401 (1).jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

4433114f-1341-40f2-9655-7d797a57c02b (1).jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

Edited by LeCorbusier

This would appear to be the kind of mechanism which goes with the movement I have. As I have no intension of installing a pusher of this kind in the case (even if I could), It would appear that this is a non starter. 

Still I enjoyed servicing the movement and getting it running again ... you never know, I might find a use for it.

Hey Ho!

s-l1600-2.jpg