Bergeon air puffer refurbish?

LittleWatchShop

I did it wrong.  The correct way is to unscrew the nozzle.  The whole assembly can be removed.  There is a retaining ring inside the pusher element.  Remove that.  Then the rubber plunger receptacle comes out.  Clean, grease (petroleum jelly), reassemble.

I just forced off the plunger and the retaining ring fell into the housing.  I fished it out and then realized the error of my ways.

2022-02-25 11_10_00-20220225_104709.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2022-02-25 11_10_12-20220225_104652.jpg ‎- Photos.png

I've owned a number of these and they were never great. I also had a nice Italian bike tire pump, and if I didn't pull it apart every week or so and goose it with thick silicon grease it wouldn't inflate a mosquito. When that old black rubber recedes, it's over. I tried all kinds of solvents to loosen it up. Maybe there's a particularly poisonous one that works- if you find it post- Swiss drugstores will sell you anything!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi, Guys I've just started on my second watch renewal and have come up with an issue I'm not sure about. I've just removed the crystal which was pretty hard to do. On inspection, it appears that part of the crystal is still in the case. This may have been my fault and I needed to remove it in a different way, beginners curse, but I'm wondering if it has been bonded in at some point in the past. Anyway, I am where I am and need advice on what action to take to remove the leftover bits. To me, the gold-colored ring looks like it's part of the case decoration so I wasn't expecting that to come out with the crystal, again I could be wrong. Here's a few pictures to show you what I mean. I'm not sure what the case is as I can't find any info on any of the numbers on the case, outside 521-2120-329 which gives me the movement and case materials used and on the inside 27030 which doesn't give me any results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   
    • This video might be helpful? https://youtu.be/j9kSxdJxMZI?si=ZsbRfLycE0wkfajX
    • Try this , post a photo of the movement.  Someone may recognise it. 
    • Welcome to the hobby and forum! As @CYCLOPSsays there are lots of great resources out there, and the Kendrick and Davis Inverto Staking Tools site is one of my favorites.
    • I've bought a movement from eBay but there is no caliber number anywhere on it (that I can see). Its definitely been apart before as there are a few missing screws. It's a 15 jewel swiss made movement. The crown and ratchet wheels both have left hand threaded screws if that helps. I'm wondering if anyone knows a way of identifying it or, better still, if there are any generic screw assortments I can buy to replace the missing screws. There's a couple of bridge screws missing, the click screw and the set lever screw. Thanks in advance.