New member, New clock to try and repair

DaveL831

Good morning,

I am a new member and i literally cam across this site by mistake but had a look round and looks really good.

I am going to be looking at repairing , overhauling a Perivale eight day, three train mantle clock. This has a Westminster chime and i am looking to do a overhaul clean and rebuild.

This was given to me so ready to have a go and learn as we go along.

My question is with regards to the chimes and striking is their a set sequence when i rebuild to ensure everything is in its correct sequence? If so what and how?

kind regards Dave 

12 minutes ago, DaveL831 said:

I am going to be looking at repairing , overhauling a Perivale eight day, three train mantle clock. This has a Westminster chime and i am looking to do a overhaul clean and rebuild.

Welcome here. Please remember to posts pictures together with your questions.

12 minutes ago, DaveL831 said:

My question is with regards to the chimes and striking is their a set sequence when i rebuild to ensure everything is in its correct sequence? If so what and how?

Is this the first clock you will be working on? If so, do you have at least read some books and/or watched videos to understand what is what and how it works?

HI

Thank you for the quick reply, i have tinkered and repaired several two train clocks. I have never done a three train with a west minister chime. I have a couple of books inclucing a old 1942 book on modern clocks lol

As you have requested please see the pictures below

Kind regards Dave 

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

22 hours ago, DaveL831 said:

Good morning,

I am a new member and i literally cam across this site by mistake but had a look round and looks really good.

This was given to me so ready to have a go and learn as we go along.

kind regards Dave 

The correct sequence for a Westminster chime is.   It’s quarter is 1234,   2nd is 3124 then3213, 3rd is 1324,then 4213 then 1234 and the 4th quarter and strike is3124,3213 1324 and then 4213.     Trust this is correct.      Griff