Replacement crystal for Benrus 7026 series

Homer

I found a post from Feb 11, 2020 in this forum about this Benrus watch from PaulnKC.  I have the same model and want to replace the crystal (which is cracked in two places) with one that has a magnifier.  The photos in the old post show the watch, but the conversation was about removing the movement.  After reading it a few times I could find no reference as to whether the crystal had a reflecting ring or not.

I found a GS crystal PA462-70 with a magnifier that seems to be the replacement, but I don't understand whether it has a ring from the catalog info.  I haven't removed my crystal yet as I wear the watch daily and want to wait until I have the replacement on hand first.

Does anyone know if these have the ring?  I presume that if there is a ring it could be used again with the new crystal?  I also wondered about the spacing of the magnifier, hoping that it would center over the date window at 6.  It seems that crystal is made for the Benrus automatic and F015 whatever that number means.

Any info or suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

Homer

I have never fitted a crystal.  I only know what I see in the G&S catalog on Esslingers, or the better copy on Tip Top Crystal.  I assume that since there are different styles of watch cases (where the crystal seals), that one would need to match the style of crystal to the seal area on the case.

Since my Benrus is the same as the one shown in the Feb 11, 2020 post, I thought perhaps someone might know about it.  The customer service at Esslingers didn't know if the size I found in the catalog was the correct size.  I didn't find any cross references on the G&S website.

I did see something about adding .1" to the measured size.  However I think that they mean the measurement (diameter) where the crystal fits in the case.  Was trying to work with the measured size where the crystal meets the case (above the installed part) with the crystal installed because I think the cracked old crystal will break when it is removed.

Do the tension (reflection) rings only work with a crystal with a special groove on the inside diameter?

Can I re-use the old ring on a new crystal or does it come with a new ring?

My case has a series # 7026 automatic and the G&S catalog refers to an auto F015 Benrus for the new crystal.

What is F015?  Movement designation?  Case designation?

Any help appreciated.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:07 PM, Homer said:

I found a post from Feb 11, 2020 in this forum about this Benrus watch from PaulnKC.  I have the same model and want to replace the crystal (which is cracked in two places) with one that has a magnifier.  The photos in the old post show the watch, but the conversation was about removing the movement.  After reading it a few times I could find no reference as to whether the crystal had a reflecting ring or not.

I found a GS crystal PA462-70 with a magnifier that seems to be the replacement, but I don't understand whether it has a ring from the catalog info.  I haven't removed my crystal yet as I wear the watch daily and want to wait until I have the replacement on hand first.

Does anyone know if these have the ring?  I presume that if there is a ring it could be used again with the new crystal?  I also wondered about the spacing of the magnifier, hoping that it would center over the date window at 6.  It seems that crystal is made for the Benrus automatic and F015 whatever that number means.

Any info or suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

Homer

First, when referring to an earlier post, please post the link to that post.

I have been dealing with a similar issue of a crystal with magnifier.  For some of the GS crystals, the distance from the center of the dial to the center of the magnifying window are given.  For example (magni-tite).  The PM number is the distance I noted above.  These crystals come with both white and yellow rings.

I did not know where to look on the Ebay info.  It's small on my screen and didn't have the usual magnifier block to enlarge it.  Is the 29.8 the overall diameter and the 9.5 mm 'PM' number the distance from the center?

I don't think the G&S PA crystal number that I found had a 'PM' distance.  what does the 'PM' stand for?