Tag Calibre 16 Day/date - Day Not Advancing

JL55

Hello,

I have a Tag Heuer Calibre 16 and the day is no longer advancing - although the date number works fine.

While researching the issue I have read about the 'danger zone' of 9pm - 3am and while I don't think I have made any changes around this time I can't rule it out.

What is the likely fault? Has something just been 'moved round' that can be re-adjusted or is something likely to have broken off and require repair or replacement? I have a handy watch guy - but it would be good to have the back story before I go in.

Thanks for your help.

Hello JL and wellcome aboard.

If I understand, you can change the date and day by turning the crown at the adjust position, but the day do not turn by itself when the hands pass 12 o'clock. Lots of movements have independent mechanism to change the date and day manually and automatically during the night. Your Tag should have one of this damadge or broke.

This area is very sensitive in a movement due the tiny high between the dial and main bridge of the movement, and is common to use plastic gears, easy to damage if is forced in attept to adjust manually during the time interval that the watch change by itself (near 12:00 and 01:00 hour). I believe because of this is called "danger zone".

So, if you have no skills in watch repair and appropriate tools, the best option is give the watch to someone capable to perform the repair.

Anyway, we are here to help you as we can.

Good luck and cheers

Ricardo