Mr. Royston E Cox

Dear Sir. I own a Titoni Cosmo King, which I had for 20+ years. There are a couple of issues, 1 the calender has stalled, and the second hand will not pass over the minute hand. There appears to be two very small screws holding the movement in. These are proving difficult to remove as there is slight damage to the screw slots. Any advice would be appreciated. I have had a fair amount of  experience with clocks from long case mantle clocks alarm, autometor and watches of various types. Is there anything else holding the movement in, other than these two mscrews. Any advice will be appreciated.  Thank you.  Mr R E Cox.

You need proper watchmaker screwdrivers and have the properly dressed. These can cost a little as 2.5 gbp a piece for top Swiss quality. Cost of good tweezers is not much higher, to gently correct the bent hand.

Beside that repairing the calendar and and doing the service needed after 20 years is above the level of a beginner, so you will have to give it to a professional or patiently learn on little value watches before attacking your nice one.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 2