Ronda 763 Thai Movement Remove Dial

I am new to watch repair and am cautiously attempting my first project.

My wife has a Ripcurl Classic Surf Watch which stopped. I took it to a jeweller to get a new battery but they said it wouldn't go and the movement was non functional.

I proceeded to do some forum and youtube research and bought a case opened and holder. I removed the back and found that it had a Ronda 763 movement marked Swiss Parts Thailand Made, 1 Jewel, Ronda and 763. Some web research indicated that this is a cheap movement but a better quality Swiss made 763 movement was available. I found one of these online and purchased it. In the mean time I also purchased a hand remover and installer.

I have successfully removed the crown and movement and removed the hands but I cannot work out how to remove the dial from the movement. Online sites show the Swiss 763 movement and indicate the holes where the dial feet are which the new movement does have but the old one does not. I have looked right around the edge but there is no obvious mechanism.

How do I remove the dial from the original movement and how do I use the dial feet attachment on the new movement?

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

Thanks so much. That worked a treat and the new movement clicked right into it's place. I have replaced the hands and put a new 364 Energizer battery in and reassembled with the original crown and it is running beautifully. I have fitted a new original Ripcurl band I got off Ebay and am about to take it home to my wife to show her how clever I am! She will be thrilled as she is very fond of the watch as she bought it while our family was on a memorable holoday in Vanuatu about 13 years ago. 

Thanks again!

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, Nucejoe said:

Insert a safety razor in between the movement and dial, work it around the movement, wigle the blade to detach.

Ah, thanks for that - I just got a RONDA 763 that had slight battery leakage, need to take dial off.👍