Replacement gasket kit

BrianJW

Good day to all!  First I am a hobbyist/amateur watch repairer(found out I cant call myself a watchmaker) That should help frame my question.

I want to know is there a few common sizes I should get for watch case gaskets? I see there are a huge variety of them. And having a stock of each type would be costly and not really practical if your not doing volume. What I'm looking for would be sizes for most quartz movements when I do a battery change. Many of the supply houses have kits of ranging size of a determined thickness. But I'm sure these are like most 'variety packs", you'll use 25-60% of the items but never use the remaining percent. I'm guessing the replies will be "there is no 'common' sizes". But this is how you learn, asking questions. Thanks

i Brian and thank you for the introduction, welcome to the forum,  In answer to your question, as you state there are many Gaskets for watches  and the practicality of stocking them, I would therefore recommend an assortment as supplied by Cousins uk   They stock assorted sets  of round and flat gaskets  from   £3.95    to a boxed assortment at £16 95   so I suggest you have a look and make your choice.      Hope this is of use to you