Repainting Dial Indices

Hi Guys

Hope you are all continuing to stay safe and well.

I am looking for some pointers on repairing a dial.

While working on my Timex recently I had the dial off and facing down on a soft piece of neoprene. It wasn't until I reassembled the watch that I noticed two or three of the white painted strips on the dial indices were damaged. It looks like white acrylic paint & the dial doesn't appear to be lumed at all (it might just be badly degraded). There are no indentations to follow so repainting the white strip might be tricky.

Before diving in and trying to fix it I thought id see if anyone has had any previous experience with such a problem.

Thanks in advance 

Dave 

IMG_20200401_115846.jpg

IMG_20190426_155201 (2).jpg

19 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

I would let it be because trying to match the color is going to be a challenge.  But, if I had to do the touch up I would try to find an extra fine tipped marker.  Nice Marlin!

Thank you!  I have been kicking myself ever since, I thought it would be fine on the neoprene but I was wrong..

I haven't found another like it, belonged to my grandfather and came to me without stem/crown, damaged set lever, no strap and generally in a bit of a mess. I am trying to keep it in good shape ... :unsure: