How to find measurements of crystal glass Fortis Flieger

Hi!
I recently bought a Fortis Flieger 595.10.46 from chrono24 with scratched crystal glass and I'm going to try to replace this by myself.
The crystals' material is in mineral glass but I will try to replace it with a AR-coated sapphire crystal (is this a bad idea?).

Anyway, my main question is if there is a way to find out the size of the glass, without removing it first?
I can see that the diameter is 36.5mm, but how do I know the thickness?

Best regards

Markus

Unless you can get the specs from Fortis, you'll probably have to put some calipers to the crystal with the movement out of the case.  You can do that without removing the crystal. If you remove the crystal, digital calipers or a micrometer should work well to check the thickness.

Those watches are big. I had a friend who used to wear those, called them "Tuna cans". Nice looking if you have the wrist for it. Good luck.

59 minutes ago, MrRoundel said:

Unless you can get the specs from Fortis, you'll probably have to put some calipers to the crystal with the movement out of the case.  You can do that without removing the crystal. If you remove the crystal, digital calipers or a micrometer should work well to check the thickness.

Those watches are big. I had a friend who used to wear those, called them "Tuna cans". Nice looking if you have the wrist for it. Good luck.

Thank you! I will try to contact Fortis to get the specs :) If not I will most likely just remove the glass to measure it.

Regarding the size, I wouldn't say it's that big to be honest, I can attach an image of it on my wrist :P

20190627_205218.jpg

I got a reply by a seller for Flieger Crystals and he said that the size was 36,42 (diameter) and around 1,76 in thickness. 
If I got to https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/mineral-flat-round-watch-glasses I have no idea which one I should be looking for. 
Is it flat round? I can only see 1.8 to 2.0 mm thickness ones but they dont specify if it's actually 1.8 or 2.0. 

Anyone who could find the correct glass on this site for me?
Would be awesome!

From the looks of it, I'd say it's a flat/round crystal. You might also need a gasket for it. I'm not familiar with the watch, and honestly I have only replaced one flat crystal before. The top of the crystal looks dead-flat, so I"m pretty sure that's it. There's a rule of thumb for the spacer size vs. the crystal size, but I don't know it.

If you search youtube for site owner's videos "The Watch Repair Channel", he has a good one on replacing a flat crystal. That's what I watched when I was doing mine.

I think this is it. Good luck.

Watch Repair Channel's crystal video