Seiko 70xx movement spacer

Hello all:

I've been tinkering with several Seiko 70xx movements (mainly 7009 and 7025)

This could be a very silly question, but in most cases I have had problems to get the movement spacer into the case, and sometimes even to take that spacer out too. When I've serviced the movement, I first put the movement into the case, then I attach the stem and then I try to put the spacer, but it usually seems to be too thick and it almost doesn't fit between the movement and the case. I have to force it in, or leave it not in possition because I'm worried to break the balance or something.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Should I put the spacer into the movement and then both parts into the case? I haven't tried that approach yet, but I'm afraid that the movement + the spacer wouldn't get into the case together.

Can anyone recommed a way to do this task a little bit easier?

Thanks in advance.

On some watches with 7005 there is a flat gasket that is over the spacer. That you need to remove first. Can be hard as a rock.  Some have a black plastic spacer that usually is no problem . Just make sure it sits right in the case. 

Edited by rogart63

You are right, rogart63, that gaskets are usually very dry and many times they break when I try to remove them . I always remove it before  removing the movement, sometimes it gets out with the caseback and sometimes it remains in the case and I take it out with tweezers. But it isn't in the way of the spacer nor the movement.

BTW I have still pending to find replacements for that gaskets.