Cartier pasha 2892-A2

HI All

I have been messing around with cheap watch movements and have been pretty successful in rebuilding them. I Had lost my Crown cover on my Cartier and finally after over a year found one ..The watch looked pretty dirty so I decided just to remove some of the gunk, so I removed the movement. While  replacing the stem I was having a hard time but finally got it in . I can rotate the hands but I can not quick set the date. The date will set by rotating hands. I am pretty sure I can handle it but I am a little nervous  as this watch cost more than my first car. Before I dig into it I would like to know possible causes.

Thank You

Anthony 

Well because I am an impatient A%^ .I could not wait for a reply so I when ahead and .Fixed it. Some how the key less work got screwed up Anyway I lost the  minute train bridge screw anyone know where to find one? Part 5462 10.062.01  Screw for minute train bridge

Ok I found a suitable screw in my rejects pile.  ...But Movement not fixed... I get it to work but when I remove stem to insert movement into case I can't get the stem back in properly. I take it apart again and it works find until I remove stem ..Am I removing and installing stem properly. I push down on the pin to both remove and install stem. What the hell am I  doing wrong?

Is the crown or stem fouling on the case, stem tube or some other obstruction, and stopping the stem/keyless work from returning to the running position, leaving it sort of half in and half out? I've seen a build up of gunk inside the crown causing unreliable action of the crown. is there any crown, or crown stem gasket that might be misplaced, swollen or gone hard over time?

Did you clean and lubricate the keyless works?

Show us some close up pictures please.

Edited by AndyHull

56 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Is the crown or stem fouling on the case, stem tube or some other obstruction, and stopping the stem/keyless work from returning to the running position, leaving it sort of half in and half out? I've seen a build up of gunk inside the crown causing unreliable action of the crown. is there any crown, or crown stem gasket that might be misplaced, swollen or gone hard over time?

Did you clean and lubricate the keyless works?

Show us some close up pictures please.

Hi AndyHull

It was user error ...I did not realize you are suppose to remove the stem in the time set position ...I rebuilt key less and all is fine now .

Thank you for your reply.

Anthony

PS I purchased a clone 2892 to practice on before I rip The Cartier apart. If I don't destroy it I'll use it for another watch build. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:05 PM, adiorio110 said:

I haven't  had any problems with other movements concerning removing the stem...But in general is it best to remove while in setting position or does it differ from movement to movement.

For what its worth ..I think I answered my own question .. When removing stem on 6498 movement, stem should be in the winding position. Otherwise the winding pinion falls out. So I guess position of stem when removing it depends on movement