Omega Seamaster ETA7754 lubrification pallet stone

Hi everyone

Just finished my first amateur full service to movement, case and bracelet polishing, of my 20 years old Omega Seamaster Professional, based ETA7754 (Valjoux 7750). Very happy with outcome!

Thanks very much Mark and Lawson for the fantastic walkthrougs!

After assembly and tunning the movement was running perfect (see picture) with zero gain, zero bit error and more than 310 of amplitude.

After two days I measured it again and the timegrapher is showing some noise, with drop in amplitude to 270 and loosing time.

My hypothesis (might be totally wrong): I only oiled the left pallet stone once with Moebius 9415. Could it be lack of lubrification on the pallet stones?

Any suggestion on where I should start to triage root cause of this?

Many thanks!

Claudio

cdf0693219ce50c49d3902b09a962d87.jpg04704ad4d757b3c295ba380f2c785af8.jpgc74e5498fb4957fa16c0016cd71e7a38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Often times a watch needs to "run in" for a day or two before doing any kind of regulating. This gives the oil time to spread and settle and the train to settle back into place. Did you check this the second time on a full wind? It could be a small amount of contamination has settled into one or more of the train/escapement pivot areas. The motion work could also be exerting some resistance, ie the cannon pinion, hour wheel, etc.....I'd check everything under high magnification to start with, then I'd start by removing potential drag items, hands, hour wheel, etc and work backwards from there...I don't believe the oiling of only one pallet stone is the cause, as the oil will still be distributed to the teeth of the escape wheel, and thus the second stone, it just won't be as much oil as if both had been treated.

• Like 1