Please help me with my Casio watch.

Sentinel

Sometimes when you try to fix things you only make them worse…
So, in an attempt to remove some minor scratches from my new Casio watch, I attempted the toothpaste trick. It didn’t work and I ended up with additional scratches and what seemed like toothpaste around the narrow screen frame. The artifacts in the center aren't scratches but dust amplified by zoom and lighting conditions.

5a5b566ee3d8e_screen1.thumb.jpg.9bbd0b396543ce5a95f5ec9f9db1beab.jpg

I removed some initially, using a needle and paper card edges but I couldn’t get rid of it no matter what. As a last resort measure I carefully opened up the watch, thinking I’d be able to separate the screen from the plastic frame and efficiently remove the toothpaste. Unfortunately, I figured they can’t be separated, they are one thing. While taking the main body of the watch out, two little things popped out and I couldn’t for the life of me figure where they came from. They look like this:

part_cr.thumb.jpg.4341826685fa53565e05a76c07b1392d.jpg

They are not the ones responsible for making contact with the buttons of the watch in each side, these are intact. Fearing I would cause even more damage I closed the watch. Everything seems to work exactly as before, button response, sound, light, everything seems fine.

1. Anyone has any idea what are these parts and where are they supposed to be reattached? Should I even try to open the watch again and reattach them i.e is there going to be a problem with the watch If I don’t?

2. I've bought Polywatch, Casio says the screen is acrylic/plexi so hopefully it should work on removing the scratches... But first I need to remove the dried toothpaste from the plastic frame. How could I possibly do so without damaging the screen further? Seeing it doesn’t seem to go away no matter what anymore, I’m afraid it might not be toothpaste but scratched/damaged plastic from the needle and the card edges, do you think that’s the case? The stain lines are completely white and when they get wet, they seem to disappear/get darker so they are not really visible but once they get dry after 10 mins, they become visible again so hopefully it’s just remaining toothpaste? 

Please help me because as you can understand I am devastated. It’s not that the watch is too expensive but it is a Christmas gift and the fact that I am the one responsible for further damaging it, so soon, while trying to fix a very minor thing makes me feel terrible. Thanks a lot.