Sternkreuz catalog; more sq. lens problems

Today I received an order from Cousins. For the third time that I've agonised and puzzled over the catalogue (hard copy and online)  the lens that arrived is wrong. It's a 248 x 248 x 6  RX 2482486. Problem is that in this case it's needed for a Waltham that has a flat bezel whilst the above lens has a curvature throughout. The graphics in the catalogue show the dimensions of the curvature but so far I've been unable to find out how to distinguish between flat and profiled bezels.

Can anyone help?

Roy

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• This digital watch works but the buttons can't seem to be working does anyone know what could be the cause a have know idea?
    • Sorry I'm back again the reason why had   push the jewel out was someone had fitted a wrong one a couldnt get any end  and side shake with the old one ...I'm replacing it.
    • Tah-dah. A mini blow torch to harden it, then quench it and just a lighter held under a brass mainspring barrel that the part sits in to temper, Its important to wipe off any grease from fingerprints with ipa, you might be able to see i missed a bit at the top of the arm. Its a very satisfying process. I now just need to deal with the more difficult repairs, anybody any good at replacing rubbed in jewels ? 🙂
    • No I haven't tried that, I'm just thinking of the most complicated solutions 🤣   Another great idea 👍 All I need to do is hold that little bugger steady while I try and screw it in, without starting to shake, it gets the better of me sometimes but is getting less the more I do 😀  I need to order some bits from Cousins so I decoded to put this to one side until I get a balance screw holder, it may come in useful later on as well. I'm assuming it closes down enough as I don't know the diameter of a balance screw compared to the stud screw, I haven't worked on a movement with balance screws! I'll be getting the cheap one 😆
    • Finally figured out why my hands are so god damn steady. My mum 87 years old , 4 weeks after her stroke and has a macular hole in both eyes, she wiped the floor with me and my lad at a kids stacking chairs toy game. Here she in rehab placing the last chair into position, bloody ' Supergreatgreatgran'  i hope I'm half as fit at her age 🙂