Landeron 48 crown

Daveb

Hi, I have a dulux chronograph with a landeron 48 movement, missing the crown, can anyone point me in the right direction on the cousins website to which one to buy? I'm not confident enough to get the measurements right myself it apparently uses a w1158 stem if that helps at all. I've got as far as it's a long or short pipe stainless steel.....I think.

Many thanks, Dave. 

I first would determine the tap of the stem. Measure it with a caliper: 0.9 is tap 10...or check the stem dimensions and tap from their site by entering the number (or from boley if available). Then estimate the dimensions from the case and tube you have and order a generic one...That is, if the actual original item is not available...just my 2 pennies.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

There are at least 3 different stem thread sizes for the L48, so you will need some calipers to measure the diameter of yours. If you are ordering from Cousins in the UK, they convert mm diameter to tap size by multiplying by 10, but this is not a universal approach so be sure to check - as Bobm12 says, US suppliers use a different system. I did once find a conversion chart, but since I usually order from Cousins, I don't have much use for it.

Looking at the case from your other thread, it has a case tube, but unlikely to be waterproof given the pusher type so you should be ok with a short or long pipe crown - a long pipe is good if the end of the stem has broken off. Typically you would fit about a 6mm diameter crown on a chrono.

This should narrow it down for you:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/short-pipe-chronograph-style-italian-ss?code=C44688

S

• Like 1