Horology Photography Thread

Bob, I did it pretty straight forward: The inner diameter is exactly the same as the inner diameter of the LED ring. The outer diameter is 20mm more than the outer diameter of the LED ring. On my next model I will even make 40mm more. Especially with my 2mm plastic that I used (got it from the DIY store) I expect even better results.

I don't consider this very critical. It's the inner diameter that counts. You must not obscure the view.

Try it and let us see your results. You can make it from a combination of cardboard and paper as well. But getting some 2mm clear plastic from the DIY store and use a regular jigsaw or fretsaw ist just fine.

I added four 30mm long M3 Bolts that I covered with some plastic tube from an aquarium to just clamp it to the rim of the LED ring. You can see this clearly on the pictures.

Cheers Alexander

Endeavor, good point. This was so obvious that this was the first I tried but I didn't mention it. If you do that the paper is so close to the LEDs that the dots still shine through. In front of every LED the manufdacturer positioned a little lens. Hence you still have dotted lines. The effect dramatically disappears already after a couple of millimeters that you put the paper or sanded plastic (did I mention that you have to sand the clear plastic with let's say 240 grain?) in front of the LEDs.