Newbie needs advice

This is my first time taking a movement apart. I ordered a Hemobllo st36 movement to practice on. After taking it apart and putting it back together a few times, I have an issue. The last thing I took out and put back on (several times now) was the hairspring balance. Now for some reason when I turn the movement right side up, the balance slows down and stops. As soon as I flip it upside down, it works again. All the pivots seem to be in place. I did not lubricate anything, as I am still practicing taking it apart and reassembling. The hairspring is not bent and does not seem to be touching anything. I can see all the pivots spinning. 

Hello and welcome to the forum, as Richard said. We need pictures. In the mean time when you dismantled the watch did you remove the balance jewel settings, if you did then I would inspect them both for correct replacement of the settings and the cap jewels and also the spring is set properly.  Just for starters.