Omega 1040 - minute recording slip

Hi everyone,
I've had a lovely Gold Omega Seamaster Chronograph with the 1040 caliber for 4 years. I serviced it in 2020, however since then it has had gradual minute recorder slip during the day with the chronograph stopped.
The minute driving wheel that sits above the cannon pinion (1218) normally has the two fingers (1262) holding it in place.

I have checked and there is no procedure for adjusting the amount of slip, only the freeplay of the actuating lever 1261.
My wheel appears in good condition, the teeth are uniform and you cant move it with a pair of tweezers when the chronograph is stopped.

I made sure not to grease the surface of the 1262 fingers that grip the 1218 wheel.

Should I consider roughing the surface of the 1262 actuating surface with emery paper, consider braking grease?
Otherwise should I consider replacing the 1218 wheel, it is about $75 and still available.

image.png.2024ccf8ef933f5476813fdb133979fa.png

I've attached a pic of the issues.

The service manual only has the steps below:
image.png.0e7dad08241ed1a679ed81e9f764ebe7.png

image.png.96929e92524c29cee59312bbc2c11831.png

Thanks in advance.

I just tested 1218 and it's actually very loose. It's just spinning with tweezers easily. 

Perhaps I didn't oil it enough. Thanks I will give it a quick clean and check the service manual again. 

It's a difficult manual to interpret and there aren't good videos like there are with the famous 861 calibre (Speedmaster). 

I noticed some tiny gouges/wear in the 1261 fingers. I gently keyed them with some 400 sandpaper glued to a Emery stick. 

Edited by AlexeiJ1