Advice and direction please. Time set working. No hands moving

Advice and direction please. Time set working. No hands moving.

I have a lovely watch. Bulova Caravelle with AS1712/13 movement. I have cleaned the movement and assembled, using internet assistance, followed exactly. I have done this 3 times now. Everything runs correctly, timegrapher allows good figures. Dial side is completed and the dial fitted and hands installed. Turning time set for midnight and fitting hour hand, rotate for clearance and fit minute hand at 12. Rotate and check calendar day date functions. Both are correct.  Push in the stem.

Here's my problem. The hour and minute hands do not move! Everything appears to be working. Balance rotating. None of the hands move from the midnight under normal time conditions. Pull out the stem. Time set works. 

Advice as to what I am doing incorrectly would be greatly appreciated.

Beginning the total disassembly aging. Next stop clean, then.. I'll keep you posted.

Good this hobby innit?

Regards

Ross

Edited by rossjackson01
More information

Is the seconds hand still running correctly?  If so, it sounds like you probably have an issue with the cannon pinion.  On that AS movement is it driven by a pinion on the 'drive wheel' that connects to the minute wheel, then on to the cannon pinion rather than being friction fit on a center wheel?  Could be a loose pinion on that driving wheel not allowing enough friction to drive the cannon pinion?  I would think it would have to be somewhere between the cannon pinion / minute wheel / driving wheel pinion gear train.

image.png.205168e717df634386d535c504fa23de.png

Edited by thor447

33 minutes ago, thor447 said:

Is the seconds hand still running correctly?  If so, it sounds like you probably have an issue with the cannon pinion.  On that AS movement is it driven by a pinion on the 'drive wheel' that connects to the minute wheel, then on to the cannon pinion rather than being friction fit on a center wheel?  Could be a loose pinion on that driving wheel not allowing enough friction to drive the cannon pinion?  I would think it would have to be somewhere between the cannon pinion / minute wheel / driving wheel pinion gear train.

image.png.205168e717df634386d535c504fa23de.png

Thank you Thor447. As I remove the chain of wheel I'll do a check. I've change the cannon pinion with the replacement from the donor. No click' on the original , but a good sound form the donor. Still had the problem. Probably as you suggested. Going shopping with my bride now. Will resume later in the day.