Are these good to buy?

Hey guys, I found these Kendrick and Davis mainspring winders on Ebay for a price I'm willing to pay, even if a bidding war develops. I'm wondering if they are complete? Do they have the arbors and handles or are they just the barrels? And if they are complete, are they the older versions that are more complicated and finnicky?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295811947572

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot2023-07-25085857.thumb.png.93bce2f52b7007581116389d3dd5faea.png

I like that I clicked on the picture trying to see the other ones.

I don't have experience with that exact set, but I use a similar set of Watch-Craft winders, and they're perfectly serviceable. Just be ready for that price to go way up with 4 days left on the auction and 11 bids already. The winders below went for about $225.

Edit: I also notice the seller has a lot of high-resolution photos, but none of the arbor hooks. You may want to ask for that before bidding to make sure they're not worn away.

image.png.de8c20de180c30ec5a822d96be4f724f.png

Edited by ManSkirtBrew
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, Lotus said:

Hey guys, I found these Kendrick and Davis mainspring winders on Ebay for a price I'm willing to pay, even if a bidding war develops. I'm wondering if they are complete? Do they have the arbors and handles or are they just the barrels? And if they are complete, are they the older versions that are more complicated and finnicky?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295811947572

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot2023-07-25085857.thumb.png.93bce2f52b7007581116389d3dd5faea.png

This set may well have different size arbors on each end of the winding drums. I have an adjustable star set with very similar drums. Worth asking. Also have the watchcraft set that MSB shows, they work ok but dont always fit the size i need.

• Like 1