Wyler Incaflex Navigator Restoration - My First Real Project

Pretty happy with how this turned out.

I mentioned in another forum that I was having issues removing the rear case cover but it turned out it's a front loader anyway.  Stripped the movement and cleaned it and re-assembled, took the case back to bras and polished it - which was tricky because there was a lot of wear and not a lot of material left aorunf the lugs, to the point where the spring bar holes are paper thin on the bottom.

I then Nickel Plated it (first actual watch case) and polished.  Not 100% but a huge improvement over original.

It still needs the crown and one half of a split stem (will get a new complete set) -  on the hunt now.  I was so keen to get it back in the case I forgot to regulate but need to find the correct lift angle for a WM29 movement.  Easy to remove the movement now!

Pretty chuffed but lots of improvement to come.  Pics below are eBay original and the [almost] finished article.  I do need to polish the outer edge of the case back.

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5488 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg