Casio waveceptor has slightly "off" crystal

Hi, I own a new Casio Waveceptor Atomic/solar WVA-M640, which I bought on E-Bay. It is the one with the "rubber" band. I like it a lot. I did notice that the crystal is on so that it is slightly thicker at the 12-o'clock position (I mean where the crystal meats the case) than at the 6-o'clock position. I don't know if this is intentional by Casio, or just a minor issue of the crystal being manufactured that way, or if when the crystal was put on the case they didn't quite align it right. Any ideas? I would be grateful. It is a very minor issue, but I am just curious. It doesn't affect my use of enjoyment of the watch at all. Thanks!

On 2/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, JohnBunch said:

Hi, I own a new Casio Waveceptor Atomic/solar WVA-M640, which I bought on E-Bay. It is the one with the "rubber" band. I like it a lot. I did notice that the crystal is on so that it is slightly thicker at the 12-o'clock position (I mean where the crystal meats the case) than at the 6-o'clock position. I don't know if this is intentional by Casio, or just a minor issue of the crystal being manufactured that way, or if when the crystal was put on the case they didn't quite align it right. Any ideas? I would be grateful. It is a very minor issue, but I am just curious. It doesn't affect my use of enjoyment of the watch at all. Thanks!

I just had a look at mine which was bought new on Amazon a couple of years back.  It's the same way.  Slight enough that I'd never have noticed if you hadn't asked, but definitely projects less at 6 than it does at 12.