Removing band pin from watch case?

I am trying to change a band on a watch (non expensive watch) and the pins appear to be the pressed in type like what is used on the band. What is the best tool to remove these pins? The pin press that I have is very difficult to use on the case I also have a pin removal tool with block and a hammer, again the case will not fit in the block.  There are no arrows on the watch case to indicate the direction of removing the pin, can the pins be removed in any direction?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank You

bandpin.jpg

In most cases the spring-bar can be removed from either side. If you don't have a special tool you can USUALLY use a small screwdriver to depress the pin between the lug and the band. You'll know rather quickly if it moves via spring action. Watch your non screwdriver had while you do it, as you can slip and nick yourself.

Oh, and in your case, if you can get a decent contact on the end of the "pin"and push it down, you'll know if it springs rather than pushes through.

If it is some odd type of non spring-bar type, like the type through the rest of the band, you may need a special band tool, or at least a very small punch and a way to hold the case sideways while you press it out. Good luck.

Edited by MrRoundel

Thank you, Because there is no indication on which direction the pins should be removed, does this matter? I don't want to force the pins out in the wrong direction. Looking at the pins one side appears to have a straight cut screwdriver head and the other side is just plain (which can be seen on the photo).