Swiss Emperor Problem

daz

Hi all,

Have just obtained a nice Swiss Emperor watch that is in need of a service and has a problem with date wheel not turning( I thought that the Date Jumper just needed re-engaging) the movement is ST 96-4.Upon dismantling the movement I found that the problem is that the Date Jumper Spring is missing which is not a problem as I can get them on my account at Cousins but my question is does anyone know which way it goes in in order to engage the Date Jumper, does the longer section go to the back or the front...

If anyone has any ideas and can help that would be great

Best Wishes and a Happy New Year to all

Darren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many Thanks Blacklab

I did have a look at this post but it does not give a real clear indication of the position of the spring

But many thanks for your help it is much appreciated

Best Wishes

Darren

Hi Blacklab,

My sincere thanks to you for replying when you could have been out bringing in the New Year it is greatly appreciated. This movement is indeed similar but mine looks to be an actual wire spring but maybe i could get the replacement in the same form, still it gives me some idea on which way to go with it, the movement has all been stripped down,cleaned and put back together and is working great ( except for the date portion which I will attempt when I get the spring)

Many Thanks for all your help Blacklab, much appreciated

Best Wishes

Darren