jefflex

jefflex

Hi, I have many years of building miniature live steam engines. However, over the years have collected many Automatic watches. One in particular ( a very nice looking Citizen watch ) stopped working during the warranty period. Citizen would not repair under warranty because I had moved back to Australia. Having an interest in all things mechanical I decided to strip it myself. Not much experience but learning , extremely fascinated !  I have  2 pieces left over 1 leaf spring and 1 copper coloured flat spring washer. Has anyone out there any idea of where they go ?The watch model is 4-039181 hst 754229 Cn-4-S. photos attached. Thanks in anticipation.

watch part.jpg

Your model probably uses a movement from the Citizen 8200 family.

Refer to this document which might help confirm this: https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/343_Citizen 8200,8210,8260,8270,8280.pdf. If you look at part 903-69 in this document this certainly looks like the part you have attached a photo of and which is then the 'friction spring for sweep second pinion'.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info and schematics. I never expected to receive such a detailed response. Yes, this certainly is my watch.

I assume that the tab at the end of the spring rests on top of the pinion to stop linear movement.The diagrams have eliminated much of the guess work for final assembly and I am very grateful for your help. 

jefflex.

Hi @jefflex - oh good, I'm glad that was useful. Sounds like you're now on your way to getting your watch fixed; well done.

Remember also that resources like YouTube can be your friend. I haven't watched them but a quick search for 'Citizen 8200' tells me there are some disassembly/assembly videos that may help(?). Or of course come back with a question to this forum!