Bezel On Orient Mako Stuuuuuuck

It all started innocently enough. I was going to do a Scotchbrite brush finish job on a used Mako XL that recently showed up in the mail. Being well aware of the Mako tight bezel problem, I took stock of the suggestions for removal posted here and on a few other sites and went with the razor knife blade method. This method has you tap in a new razor knife blade between the case and bezel, grasp the back side of the blade with a pair of pliers, twist, pop off the bezel and Bob's your uncle. Bob didn't show up as the razor knife blade snapped and left a chunk of itself up under the bezel, freezing the bezel in place. 

Next stop, a jewelers in town that still has an old school watchmaker on premises, one of very few certified Rolex repairmen in the state. "Jimmy's not in today" the lady at the store tells me. "Let me see that watch, I can get that bezel off with a case knife". The watch disappears down a back hallway, then reappears with gouges on the top of every lug. "That bezel is on to tight" the lady tells me, "you really messed it up". Okay, time to cut my losses and see if I can catch Jimmy in the shop another day.

I go back two days later to see Jimmy. He takes a look at the watch and tells me its a nice time piece but there's nothing he can do.

So here I am. Does anyone out there have a bezel vise they can use to pop off this reluctant bezel so I can get that darn case cleaned up?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum, bamabert

Although I haven't being into this hobby for long, I've removed a couple of bezels occasionally. I use a -- somewhat "polished" (not quite sharpened though) -- case back knife. I put some clear tape around the blade in order not to marr the finish.

In the situation you are now, I would secure the watch in a soft vise (wood or rubber jaws), maybe remove both stems+crowns (maybe even the movement) in order not to damage anything but would put on the back for stiffness just in case. Then, I would try again, this time with a case back  knife...I believe there will be a hazard considering the blade is stuck between the bezel and the case so I advise to be very careful and use safety glasses and maybe gardening gloves.

I've never dealt with an Orient bezel so this is only a suggestion -- although I don't see any reason for them to be different from the rest in design -- Maybe there are others here with a better way/advise.