Seiko 7015-7000 movement parts

So I bought a Seiko 7015-7000 as a project which was received today. This is my second ever watch I'm planning to fix, so please bear my silly questions!

ZN38ehe.jpg

Watch was sold as parts, but it does tick in right position (face down), so I suspect it is just extremely dirty. Which was proven when I ripped it in pieces.

ZldUoZT.jpg

Dissembling  process went well, didn't loose any springs or levers, but noticed watch is missing some parts. Also day corrector spring is not flat which I believe should be.

az2c3Vg.jpg

So couple of questions which I hope you could help.

1) Should the spring be completely flat or with slight curve as in the picture?

2) Can you please advice where to source following parts;

- 381.006 click

- 571.005 operating lever

- 581.003 coupling lever

- 585.009 hammer

I believe none of these are super rare, at least I hope so..

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, Hondadoug said:

I have gotten alot of Seiko parts from Otto Frei. They are very helpful and good about calling back. Call them and make sure you have the caliber number.

Thanks! I have been able to source everything else from UK except click spring and coupling lever. I definitely give them a call and see what they got.

Ok, things are progressing. I found all missing parts across Europe, now it's just waiting game..

But I just realised I'm missing balance stop lever/coupling lever screw! Screw part number is 012.281.

Would anyone happen to have one for spairs? 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Alright... while I still hope for some answers, I'll continue my walk-through.  For now, just a quick post about the cleaning procedure. I did peg all the jewels and cleaned off dirt, oil etc with Rodico. Pivots cleaned with EVE pin polishers (only briefly to remove dirt). Then parts go in a couple of cleaning baskets (round brass ones) and inside of stainless tea filters... inside the Elma waterless cleaning (one 10min cycle) and rinsing liquids (two 10min cycles) in the ultrasonic.   After the cleaning, I put the parts in storage trays, cover them with a type of cellulose "paper" (that lets through the air, but protects from dust). And put that in the oven at 57°C (not too hot to avoid melting the shellac on the roller jewel).
    • Have you taken any out and had a look at them?
    • Your first few posts need approving, not sure of the number after that no approval needed. 
    • Yes, that's a good idea. Fault-finding (and maybe fixing) is the biggest skill. And actually quite fun.     hahahaha, 💯% 
    • The name on the dial is not listed in vol 1 or vol 2 of watch and clock makers of the world.  This dates around 1780 to 1910 looking at the spandrels because they do not have any cherubs. Spandrels are the four corner pieces on the dial. Also the dial is one piece very old ones the arch was attached to the main square. Also the makeup of the dial gives me the period of date. The trunk door is long and not short and wide which is another time scale. The case is very heavily decorated but crude, there are many differences between the left side to the right which indicates a country maker for the case certainly not a first class  cabinet  maker. The style of the hands also fit in to the time period as they are made of steel and not brass. I f I can be of any more help just ask.