Gold Audemars Question?

Hi there all,

I am a new member and have a qestion about my gold audemars. This watch is in my opinion needing a refurb. Does anyone know if Audemars Piguet refurb watches from around the 80's?

It was difficult for me even finding out what kind of watch this is.

There is a number on the movement and that is 252781. I cant see any other numbers.

what should my first move be.

I wouldnt take this watch to my local horologist, but as far as I can see the only authorised repair centre is in London. I am in Glasgow.

Any reply/help/advice is well appreciated.

thank you

Craig

A qualified horologist on the BHI list might not be too far from you. There must surely be a market for a good, qualified watch repairer near or in a city like Glasgow?

I live in rural Sussex, but there's a BHI man in Worthing, not far from me. Though, as it happens, I recently sent a chrono to Mark to service because I was so impressed with his video demonstrations and the knowledge shown in them - always good to see an expert in action!

yes, funny enough I called Audemars in London yesterday as I had a rare day off and the very lovely young Stephanie told me its from 1983 and it has a quartz movement. I like it and I hear 80's style is back in fashion!

I need to give it to them and they will bring it back to "best possible condition" that could be sore!

thanks for the replies guys and making me feel part of your community.

Craig

• Like 1

thanks guys!

All great advice and yes I use Martin and I know him too. I was just wanting to see if it could be done and to be honest didnt remember that Martin did refurbs. I will call in on him on Monday and see what the big guys saying about bringing my audemars back to its former glory.