Repair and sourcing in Gold Coast, Qld, Australia

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• A haven't put the balance wheel yet to check the amplitude it when I'm checking the pallet motion that's when it happens in Does it stop regardless of position its in in what way do you mean?
    • Is it a fusee, and if so is the chain missing? 
    • According to Seller. The heating plate on the National is destroyed, no Mica cover & spiral elements are missing. While with the orange Brenray, the heating function used to work, but not working anymore. There's no baskets on either of the machines. There's apparently no extension for the spindle on the Brenray as well. Seller says I have to source baskets for both and figure out a way to extend it on the Brenray. I added further pictures. Do Brenrays have even extended spindles? Could one not attach Elma baskets to both of these machines? Need to check the cork.
    • A friend has landed me with his family's LCC - all of it, when I was lead to believe he'd just bring the movement! Anyway, the most obvious issue is that the suspension spring is missing - except for the broken off 1cm stub in the bottom bar that sits in the crutch. I'd be grateful to know how important it is to get an exact replica of the original spring & what measurements I should take (in addition to the width & thickness of the stub) to specify the spring required. Apart from the name on the dial I can find no information that might help. Another issue is that the day window is fed by a saw-toothed wheel behind the dial (just visible in the 1st photo) but it seems there is no connection to this from the movement.
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds.