Internet parts watch, ST3621

Hi all - this is my first watch build from internet parts, following completing an online course. 
I went with the seagull st3621. It was difficult to find a version with this finish, and also the 6:00 seconds. I ended up finding this on eBay. On AliExpress there was only one version which I did not like. The 9:00 seconds movement seems more popular but the 6:00 subseconds is more pleasing to me.

Movement from ebay as noted, and everything else from AliExpress. I disassembled and washed, lubricated the movement before use. 
The only issue I ran into was that it seemed the dial feet were ever so slightly too short and I couldn’t get them to bite on the dial screws. Eventually this was creatively solved by extending the feet with super glue, and also bending one very slightly.

I wanted to get a nice strap and was not too pleased with the options on North American websites (and their associated prices) but was happy to find another Ali vendor that only makes straps. Cost wise it was still much more than other options on Ali but I am pleased with the quality and they may be my go-to for straps.

I’m happy how this turned out and am pleased with the exercise. I have a few vintage watches lined up to work on next. Just waiting on a strap for a medana and then will post the results of that one.

Take care.

9E8ACB9E-3BEA-439E-8D1A-D5ADB263E97F.jpeg

78A0E468-9AB9-4665-BD68-2F905188C6F1.jpeg

1E99942C-51E9-4561-92D6-36920767F8DD.jpeg

6439286E-B991-415F-AAB5-6397916AC277.jpeg

Also wanted to add that I was surprised at the lack of dials available. In my mind initially the choices were going to be significant. It turned out to be quite the opposite.

• Like 3