Pocket Watch Case for Segull ST36

MAG

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I look forward to learning from all of you.  I recently completed Mark's watch repair course levels 1-3 and to do so I used a Seagull ST36.  I'd like to do something with the first movement that I completely tore down, cleaned, and reassembled, but all of the watch cases that I can find for this movement are larger than I would like to wear.  Does anyone know how I might find a pocket watch case of the correct size?  I haven't learned to make any custom movement holders, so any advice about how to secure the movement within a pocket watch case would be greatly appreciated.

The ST36 is a clone of the Unitas/ETA 6497.   Many el-Cheapo pocket watches from the 70s (mostly made by Arnex, but with numerous different brands stamped on the dials) came with the 6497 movement.  Today watch enthusiasts purchase these old pocket watches to strip the movements out of them for  wristwatch projects.  The cases from those old pocket watches are usually made of plated base metal and are generally worthless even if in like new condition.  Occasionally you'll find pocket watch cases for the the 6497/6498 movements on eBay for very little money.    

Be warned, almost all pocket watches load the movement from the front.  The movement is held in the case with screws that when tightened down pinch between the back of the pocket watch case and the movement barrel bridge.   The barrel bridge on the ST36 lacks the little ledge needed to secure it in a front loading pocket watch case, since the ST36 is intended to be used in wristwatches that load into the case from the back.   Trying to install a ST36 in a pocket watch case will require some kind of hack even if the diameter of the pocket watch case is correct.   My advice to you is to use this movement in a wristwatch case.