Ok Guys, what is this for

jdrichard

More pictures would be helpful? It looks like a lathe attachment But can't quite see the rest of it to see what it might be used for other than it looks like it has at least one pulley. Then the three things that are hidden in the slots those it be interesting to see.

More pictures would be helpful? It looks like a lathe attachment But can't quite see the rest of it to see what it might be used for other than it looks like it has at least one pulley. Then the three things that are hidden in the slots those it be interesting to see.

That’s all I got, but think it is a pivot polisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

John, I too thought it looked like an attachment for a lathe.  

It could possibly be a powered milling/drilling unit for machining watch plates that are held on a face plate in a lockable/ indexable  headstock.  

I'm attaching an image I'm guessing that the shaft with the pulley on the end goes into the hole of the main unit. I got the idea for this from the catalog found at the link below. You can download a nice PDF a little light reading. Unfortunately I did not see the same tool in the catalog.

Then in one of the other books I have that lists tools it does resemble a pivot polisher. But the strange part is currently it has a centering piece in their which doesn't quite seem right for pivot polisher? Centering piece would be more for drilling holes except with all the adjustments this is way too fancy for drilling holes.

https://archive.org/details/20thcenturycatal00purd/page/n5

mtl.JPG