Inca spring exchange; best practise?

So it finally happened; a broken inca spring ...

I’m working on this nice eta 2391 movement and the last bit in reassembly is to open and put in the incabloc. And one spring leg just falls off when opening the darn thing....

This being a first I’m asking for advice how to proceed. The spring appears completely locked into its position, I can see no way to remove it as things are.

So I presume the entire inca seating has to be pushed out from the other side, at least a bit, to allow for slipping out the broken one and sliding in the new and then pushing the seating in again?

If so, obviously requires removal of the h/s.

Am I looking in the right direction here? Or are there other and hopefully simpler methods?

Photo of my part is attached.

IMG_4440.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You need to see the other side of the balance bridge as to whether you're lucky or you're going to need special tools. If you're lucky there's just a clip that can be slid out and the entire assembly comes out otherwise it has to pushed out with tools.

Incabloc tool.JPG

• Like 1

Right you are and lucky I am, there’s indeed a clip holding the seating. And when mentioned, I have seen that on other movements but never considered why it was there.

Should be a walk in the park or maybe not :-) from here.

I hope that assortment of inca springs I bought a while ago from Cousins has one that fits...

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1