Poising Question

fuse63

Hello everyone,

I have a question on poising a watch that does not have balance screws. I received a watch for service and the balance wheel has drill holes from the last watch repair person who poised it. My question is is that it is running fast now and I was wondering how do you slow it down.

Thanks

Hello everyone,
I have a question on poising a watch that does not have balance screws. I received a watch for service and the balance wheel has drill holes from the last watch repair person who poised it. My question is is that it is running fast now and I was wondering how do you slow it down.

Thanks

Beat error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You might try to fill the holes with some solder. Just an idea, I never tried it. I would remove the roller with the impulse jewel, though.

Only if you don't have any other choice!

I would leave the regulator  to one side then messing with the balance.

What is the Delta on it?

On 10/23/2018 at 12:10 AM, JohnR725 said:

It would help to have a picture of the watch preferably located over the balance wheel. Then did you attempt to move the regulator to slow the watch down? Then is this a poising question or regulating question?

Ĵohn's question is interesting and technical, are you just after accuracy, timing? Or percision? which involves poising ..

Soldering if followed by turning the wheel on lathe to remove the extras can produce descent results, filing off  the extras manually is ruining the wheel.

Some designs,  I hear rolex for one ,  times as poises., for split second accracy which requires near perfect ballance to match excellent h/s. 

If the ballance wheel has no screws, poising and timing are two seperate tasks.

Regards joe