Hello it's me.

Rattlerviper

Hi everyone. I've been in the watch hobby for the past 14 or 15 years now. My passion started with the purchase of a fake Rolex (I didn't even know what a Rolex was). Anyhow long story short I've been gathering gen parts for a Rolex 1500 to franken build myself. Everything will be a Rolex part except the movement and hands. Movement will be a ETA 2824-2 with a overlay for the date.

Don't worry I'm not making it to pass off as a gen Rolex. It's just my dream watch and this is the only way I'll ever afford the classic look I want. I wish it wasn't a thing to steal the movement from 1500 for sub builds. It is though. Means allot of affordable gen 1500 parts available though.

Anyhow that's me in a nutshell[emoji23]

Welcome Rattleviper, Yes, build the watch and I reckon it will be fine. You are doing very well. I have several watches and access to my grandsons collection of mainly fine watches. I wear a fake Rolex quartz with a Ronda movement with asservicement bought in Singapore and it is a wonderful timekeeper, after all that is what a watch is for. The rest I service for others. Regards. Mike.

• Like 1