best way to find spar parts for my calibre?

dv4p

Hello everybody !

While practicing on my NH35, i faced 2 problems :

1. I broke the hairspring :D 
(while removing the cock, it popped out of its place, deforming the hairspring)

2. I lost a screw

(need to practice my tweezer handling haha)

So, i'm looking for a balance wheel (# 0310 183 or # 0310 197 - if someone can help me, it depends on which technical guide you use : NH36 or 4R36, which are supposed to be the same ) and a center wheel bridge screw (# 0012 354 )

Do you know what's the cheaper way to get both ? I read that the best way for screws is to buy a broken movement but i think most of cheap broken movement on ebay will have a broken/rusted balance wheel.

Thanks for your help

Have a good night !

Yes but i'm trying to learn, so i'd want to try to install the balance wheel on the cock

It wouldn't be logical to buy a full brand new movement to again take it appart ... if i can do cheaper it would be better

I understand! personally, I would buy a complete movement. The movement broke, you never know what they really have. and the pieces alone, are often average $ 10 us .. so to be certain of the purchase, I prefer to buy new .. and it will do more experience in disassembly, and other spare parts! ;-)

Envoyé de mon SM-G955W en utilisant Tapatalk

The interesting thing with inexpensive mechanically & quartz movements are a lot of times you get a service sheet and the service sheet will show spare parts yet no spare parts are available? It's because it's actually cheaper for the factories to mass-produce movements entirely with automated machinery that it is to package up spare parts. Spare parts are packaged up by hand they become very expensive.

• Like 1

(I missclick and added two images and i can't find a way to delete them... i can delete the picture from my message but when i valid my edit the images appears again - can't even find a way to delete my post and post it again without photo...)

Ok thanks for your help, so i'll go for a full movement, and i'll probably try to disassemble balance cock and balance wheel to get some experience

But can you help me to find one cheap ? i can't find one under 45$ with shipping ( https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Genuine-Japan-made-SEIKO-NH35A-automatic-date-movement/223161485447?hash=item33f5760887:g:cZQAAOSw1H9bglE3:rk:73:pf:0 )

There is this one cheaper but i'm not sure it's genuine ... it's a clone i believe ? https://www.ebay.fr/itm/For-NH35-A-mecanique-automatique-de-montre-bracelet-mouvement-unique-calendrier/142736985827?hash=item213bc98ee3:g:SmYAAOSwXudbJH97:rk:69:pf

8 hours ago, dv4p said:

I missclick and added two images and i can't find a way to delete them

Sometimes getting the editor to remove things is difficult  if seemingly impossible. So there's a interesting feature you can make use of an all or nothing delete feature. That is you have something you want to delete close the window/Tab that this website is in.  I sometimes do this I forget I'm doing a reply.  I go to research something I leave come back and it looks like there's nothing in the editor. But soon as you click that you going to reply the editor remembers everything. Which used to be still prevented you from deleting off anything but that's changed it now has a new feature. I've attached image of what you should see it knows it's restoring previous text it gives you the option of leaving all of it. But if you want to keep it you can hit the acts and everything stays. As I said really nice if you forget that you're towing something in need to come back equally nice if you want to delete everything and start over.

The problem of spare parts and where to get them? Then there are other complications like who you are hobbyist versus professional and where you are? For instance there's a lot of local material houses  that won't even do online trading they only deal with the watchmakers in the region a lot of these won't even talk to hobbyists. Simplistically if you're not in the trade you don't exist as far as they are concerned.  Then the online dealers do they ship out of the country? So for instance there is a place where we buy things from the get the best price you have to be a login is usually just a couple of dollars off whatever they show so your NH35 movement is $38..

Then there's the other strange thing sometimes even the wholesale material house is not the cheapest place to buy things from. A lot of times eBay is cheaper but not necessarily. You basically if you want the best price you have to go shopping  and look at everybody.

http://www.startimesupply.com/

weird editor.JPG