Bedat watches

cduke

Hello all,

I 've heard some really great things about Bedat watches and wanted to hear from anyone who has had experience with them.  Aside from the stylings, which is subjective, the automatic movements are supposed to be top notch in quality and construction.  Any thoughts or opinions?  They advertise the AOSC regarding all swiss manufactured components which I assume is not a bad thing in watches. Yes? No?

I have not heard good or bad things about the brand, which seems to be targeted at the women's market although they used to sell mens watches at one time, they use E.T.A movements. 

They can however be bought with huge discounts most of the time and end up on many of the discount watch dealer sites in America and one high street jewellers where I live seems to have them advertised all year round at 50% off although prices of 70% off can be found.

I would put them in the bracket of a overpriced expensive fashion brand, this is not to say they are bad watches, they just don't seem to sell at the prices they recommend for them.

Most seem to mirror Cartier designs to some extent so lack originality and most of the designs use fancy shaped crystals so in a few years time could present a problem when trying to replace seals and crystals.

Not a brand I would recommend to anyone, and judging by the prices they fetch at auction and on Ebay the value goes down like a lead balloon on the secondhand market.

Edited by wls1971
  • Thanks 1