Myota watch movement

stephent

Hello,  

I have an old Timex watch that belongs to a good friend.  It has a myota movement in it but as far as I can tell,  no numbers to identify the movement.  How do I go about buying a new movement when I don't know which movement it is?  Thanks in advance 

If you go to the Miyota website they list every movement available with a spec diagram. They are divided into type eg 2 hand, 3 hand, multi function etc.

The difficulty comes when you don't know the height such as 2033 or 2035.

Here's the best pics I could get.  All it says is unadjusted myota Japan on it and also no jewels . Another issue is that I can not get the stem to lock in place.  I've tried turning it while very easily pushing in on stem,  pushing release,  but no luck.  Only thing I haven't done is completely taken it apart 

IMG_20181016_183949664_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181016_183739134.jpg

IMG_20181016_191320971_HDR.jpg

that is a Miyota 2115 - have a look at this on ebay item number - 123203142869

here the attached pic, there is a small dimple that when pressed down releases the stem

this is a very common feature to quartz movements.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JerseyMo
more info

1 hour ago, stephent said:

JerseyMo, 

Thanks for the reply.  Mine doesn't have the dimple.  I noticed a lot do but mine doesn't.  But I will double check. 

not an issue now that you are replacing the movement. once the new movement arrives it will have a stem.

you only need to remove the crown and fix it back to the new stem.  Of course you will also have to size the stem.