ETA 2832 Automatic Technical Sheet/Help

Hello,

I have been asked by my stepfather to service his Sanford Bros HF 36000 automatic watch bought new in 1977. On starting work, I noticed its an ETA 2832 but on looking for the technical sheet, I can't find one anywhere. Perhaps it is a rare movement but maybe there's an equivalent document I can use. My first main concern after removing the rotor is how to remove the auto-wind assembly - looks quite complicated and this is only my second attempt at an automatic movement. I've added a few photos for reference. Of interest, Sanford Bros was a small watchmaking company in the '70s based at 321/323 Oxford Street, London W1. He still has the original sales invoice!

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

ETA4611.jpg

SanfordBrosHF36000.jpg

20181014_162252298_iOS.jpg

Just like all eta 28 autowinders. The two screws to remove the whole winders are usually of color different than the rest used in the movement. One is nearly located close to the two bidirectinal gears.the other on the balance cock side and near it.

The bidirectional mechànism are also selfexplanatory, you can,t go wrong.

Provide a btter to top view, so the screws can be marked on it.

Regards joe

• Like 1

Just like all eta 28 autowinders. The two screws to remove the whole winders are usually of color different than the rest used in the movement. One is nearly located close to the two bidirectinal gears.the other on the balance cock side and near it.
The bidirectional mechànism are also selfexplanatory, you can,t go wrong.
Provide a btter to top view, so the screws can be marked on it.
Regards joe

Thanks Joe. It looks like one of the screws you mention has already been removed by a previous servicer/repairer. Here’s the top view close-up shot.f575bf10de767c1ec55b6952eacdc30f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One screw is already removed the other one is near the cock and is of blue- ish color.

Remving this screw relaeases the winder.

The larger screw in the midle of these two is on ratchet wheel and not connected to winder. Just ignore it at this point.

This is a good movement, deserves the barrel bridge of the same color as the rest.

Please feel free to msg me for any question.

I would walk with you till you show us the picture of it servced on your wrist.
regards

IMG-20181015-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1

Two screws securing the winder is a MUST.

Following winder removal, release the barell power.

If you feel you may inadvertantly push on the balance bridge, best would be to rmove the bridge right after power release.

Surely you know the staff pivots should not slide out of jewel hole. (Should be tested.)

Please do feel free discussing any details.

Regards joe

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your help Joe, it's much appreciated. I shall be able to progress with the disassembly now. I agree, the barrel bridge would look better with the same colour metal. Depends on availability and cost but I'll bear that in mind. Shall definitely get a replacement screw for the auto-winder though.

Regards,
Adam