Mondia 17J Help

9 minutes ago, alex084614 said:

Hello all i need help with a Mondia watch i find in an old house . I search everywhere i did not find anything about this model . The watch its perfectly working and i d like to know much about it . Thank you

15395373245282115127799.jpg

Can you provide a picture of the movement ?

Not familiar with this caliber, I don't see any markings telling me what  it is. But it is an adjusted movement, meaning they took the time at the factory to adjust it to operate properly in different positions.The balance is not shock protected, so no dropping it. in order to service it it looks like the crystal will have to be removed and the movement taken out through the front.It looks like a snap on back so water resistance will not be the best. this is a man's dress watch. If you plan to wear it, you really should have it serviced.

Once stripped the makers brand will reveal.

Looks like a good  make, felsa, pesseux or in such class. Depending on the quality of reconditioning it only work couple hundered years more, till someone else finds it in your house.

You will pay the price of a watch for repair everytime you drop it.

Rebards joe

well please allow me to disagree with you as did not seems to be a fake .I got some fresh info but regarding it ,seems that its from a transition period of Mondia company at the begginninggg of Swiss (initial was an italian company) and it can be between 40's-60's. I do not know how real is this info and i cannot wait to get more info about this watch. Maybe there is someone who can bring the light in this . thank you all

Hi @alex084614 - use the following URL ...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwatch-wiki.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DMondia&edit-text=

... to see the translation from the German watch-wiki site about the Mondia watch company.

As still happens today, a company that happens to make watches does not necessarily manufacture all the parts and Mondia would almost certainly have 'bought in' movements from a movement manufacturer to then put together watches of their own designs and sell under their brand name. Quite often the  movement manufacturer will put their mark near or underneath the balance wheel. Can you get any close up in this area and see any such mark or a symbol?

• Thanks 1

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• in general this shouldn't be any change. but in general questions like this it be nice to know the specifics of the watch in other words how was it performing before it was cased up and what is it doing now.
    • just as a reminder this watch is a Swatch group product. This will bring up a problem like spare parts and technical information. that I found some links to some information on when I talk about your watch and some of the technical and basically your watch is equivalent to 2834-2 for which I'm attaching the technical sheets. But equivalent does not mean exactly the same you want to do a search on the group for C07 as we discussed this watch before including the technical differences how it's supposed to be regulated and basically because it's watch group there is no parts availability. https://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-c07-xxx/   https://www.chrono24.com/magazine/eta-movements-from-the-2824-2-to-the-powermatic-80-p_80840/ https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/h-10-movement-details.4636991/ eta CT_2834-2_FDE_481857_15.pdf
    • people be honest.... Swatch is evil for the watchmakers and repairers, BUT not everything in watches from Switzerland is from the Swatch-Group. As far as i know, Selitta got sacked by Swatch as a Movement-Assembler for them and they started to produce Movements in their own Name with slight Modifications. As far as i know, they sell Parts to the Market for their Movements. In most cases, if a ETA-Movement fails, it is a valid Option to replace it with a Selitta Movement, which i consider the Solution for this Mess with the Swatch-Group...... I have no Connection to anybody at Selitta, but being a Swiss-Guy, i still like to have Swiss-Made Watches, but not from the Swatch-Group.   ok ? regards, Ernst
    • Just one more greedy act by Swatch. They started a number of years ago here in the US..cutting off supplies to watchmakers that could build complications that many Swatch houses couldn't even touch. Old school masters who had gone through some of the most prestigious houses in the world. Otto Frei has some statements on their page about it. I tell all my customers to avoid new Swiss watches like the plague,..unless they just want an older one in their collection that still has some parts out on the market, or they have really deep pockets and don't mind waiting months and paying through the nose to get it back. Plenty of others to choose from..IE Seiko,..or other non-swiss brands Even a number of Chinese brands are catching up with the Swiss,..and I think that in time, their actions will be their downfall
    • Yes. If that's not what you are experiencing...start looking for something rubbing. A 1st guess is that one of the hands is rubbing against the hole in the center of the dial. Especially if you now have lower amplitude in face up/ face down positions.