Mondia 17J Help

9 minutes ago, alex084614 said:

Hello all i need help with a Mondia watch i find in an old house . I search everywhere i did not find anything about this model . The watch its perfectly working and i d like to know much about it . Thank you

15395373245282115127799.jpg

Can you provide a picture of the movement ?

Not familiar with this caliber, I don't see any markings telling me what  it is. But it is an adjusted movement, meaning they took the time at the factory to adjust it to operate properly in different positions.The balance is not shock protected, so no dropping it. in order to service it it looks like the crystal will have to be removed and the movement taken out through the front.It looks like a snap on back so water resistance will not be the best. this is a man's dress watch. If you plan to wear it, you really should have it serviced.

Once stripped the makers brand will reveal.

Looks like a good  make, felsa, pesseux or in such class. Depending on the quality of reconditioning it only work couple hundered years more, till someone else finds it in your house.

You will pay the price of a watch for repair everytime you drop it.

Rebards joe

well please allow me to disagree with you as did not seems to be a fake .I got some fresh info but regarding it ,seems that its from a transition period of Mondia company at the begginninggg of Swiss (initial was an italian company) and it can be between 40's-60's. I do not know how real is this info and i cannot wait to get more info about this watch. Maybe there is someone who can bring the light in this . thank you all

Hi @alex084614 - use the following URL ...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwatch-wiki.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DMondia&edit-text=

... to see the translation from the German watch-wiki site about the Mondia watch company.

As still happens today, a company that happens to make watches does not necessarily manufacture all the parts and Mondia would almost certainly have 'bought in' movements from a movement manufacturer to then put together watches of their own designs and sell under their brand name. Quite often the  movement manufacturer will put their mark near or underneath the balance wheel. Can you get any close up in this area and see any such mark or a symbol?

• Thanks 1