Omega 552 amplitude problems

Hi Guys finally got the sensor for the Horotec and got back on the job. The watch was dismantled again and

cleaned, everything  inspected under the digi scope and lo and behold the centre wheel has some teeth damaged

caused when the spring broke, the wheel was replaced and the watch reassembled without lubrication firstly to

check the amp. The amp is now upto 300+ Deg on watch o scope and the horotec,  Beat error 0.03ms  so lubed it up 

It is now running ok so left for a 24 hr test.  RESULT.   thanks for the input,  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Guys finally got the sensor for the Horotec and got back on the job. The watch was dismantled again and

cleaned, everything  inspected under the digi scope and lo and behold the centre wheel has some teeth damaged

caused when the spring broke, the wheel was replaced and the watch reassembled without lubrication firstly to

check the amp. The amp is now upto 300+ Deg on watch o scope and the horotec,  Beat error 0.03ms  so lubed it up 

It is now running ok so left for a 24 hr test.  RESULT.   thanks for the input,  

Good work. 

Looks like digi microscopes are great tools, I am planing to get me one.any advice?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Good work. 

Looks like digi microscopes are great tools, I am planing to get me one.any advice?

Huge selection on ebay. Don't believe the magnification claims

I recommend getting one with a stand that holds it vertical. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys  the one I got was the one on the vertical stand with integral screen. At £35.76 a very usefull tool for inspection work although working space is limited. I found that a sheet of white paper on the base is use full to get a clearer picture..... From a british seller on flea bay,  It has two adjustments one on the vertical shaft and a fine tune on the screen,  without it I  wouldnt have spotted the incabloc jewel worn causing the pivot to oscillate.