transporter

Stand alone microscope review

Well gents a couple of weeks ago I jumped on a post about microscopes, at the time I had just ordered from AliExpress one of these, a 600x mag with built in screen etc etc.

well it arrived and it’s great, it really is, the screen picture is very clear and the height of the screen and microscope are adjustable to the height where it is easy to manipulate hairsprings with tweezers in the vertical position. For jewel inspection etc you can lower it down to take advantage of that 600x mag and get a proper look at jewels and staffs etc etc.

all in  I’m very happy with this as it saves me having to have a laptop on the bench with leads etc getting in the way and also finding a program that works with the microscope.

This one accepts a memory card and will take stills and 1080p HD video aswell all in one unit so it’s ideal. It’s light and as you can see quite compact, it’s powered by its own internal battery that has a 6 hour life before charging is required , a plug ( albeit a Euro 2 pin one ) and a usb lead is included for charging purposes.

my only gripe is that you don’t seem to be able to turn off the led light when it’s switched on, but that is the only one so far. Well with the £40 and 3 week wait for it to arrive from China.

07443677-D93C-409F-994B-D8219CFC1776.jpeg

009578C5-D479-4497-8DDC-F99B046CBF17.jpeg

D72BDCDB-FD4A-4337-B7E9-5607C984B2C4.jpeg

17EAD375-2B1C-44A2-8BFD-A6B2424BA6EC.jpeg

I just ordered one of these, will provide some feedback in a week or two after I get a few hours with it. I think the camera alone saving to SD card is worth it.

Yes that’s what I thought, they are are a long pair of tweezers there aswell, my dumonts have a lot of room which makes for easier work in hairsprings.
Great catch it seems.
Do you think it would be OK to use it for servicing a movement ?.. is there place enough
Another question I have is about the magnification ... is it possible to regulate it ?

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

To be fair guys nothing beats a  Loup and the eyeball but this can be used for servicing, the base is a bit slippy but attaching the aforementioned card will sort that, the camera cannot be angled so it’s vertical I’m afraid. The magnification is adjustable by moving it up or down, at the highest point it is more than acceptable to use for servicing.

Thank you @transporter

If I may ask one last thing :unsure:

Would you please take a pic of a movement  with the camera at the highest position and post it here ?

Just to know if we can have a general view of the movement or only a partial view.

Edited by manodeoro

Nice. I just looked up ebay and, once I'd sifted through a lot of higher magnification, but smaller screen ones, I started coming across the type posted above by @transporter. The couple of sellers I looked at gave choices for which power plug you would like. Might go on a future wish list :)

There are three different types of stand/holder for this microscope I have seen on eBay. This one on a (sort of) rigid stand, one with what looks like a flexible gooseneck style stand and one on a tiltable suction based stand. You could therefore get one you could angle if wanted - you may even be able to buy the stands seperately as the microscope is the same.

Stephen

Hi Transporter  got on of these my self and right handy they are for the close up inspection, They dont cost too much either. I got mine through and english based seller at£35.76p, delivery was quick enough and arrived intact, got to get an sdcard and play about with it a bit quite brilliant for the cost.

44 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Transporter  got on of these my self and right handy they are for the close up inspection, They dont cost too much either. I got mine through and english based seller at£35.76p, delivery was quick enough and arrived intact, got to get an sdcard and play about with it a bit quite brilliant for the cost.

Gotta say I’ve been looking at microscopes for awhile but price has been a tad high, buying this was a gamble but it paid off, as like you say it’s very handy for those inspections, I’m extremely happy with it!

I am well pleased with mine came in handy tonight whilst rebuilding a regula 25 cuckoo clock for

checking pivots. I have a balance spring to sort out soon so again will be in use a useful tool when you consider a bergeon hand gauge is nearly £40 .

Just used mine yesterday do some  close up Really close up jewel inspections on a pocket watch.

ok yes I could of used a loup but these things are fantastic, I had a jewel that was broken in such a way it was like it was too big for the pivot on the escape wheel, no cracks it just looked like the centre had come away, or maybe it is just too big a jewel!!!!! Anyway I know I need a new one, hopefully might find the correct size in my spares.

Mine just arrived today.  Way better performance than I expected and truly unbelievable value for money!  Many thanks again "transporter" for posting about it.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:30 PM, Geo said:

Mine just arrived today.  Way better performance than I expected and truly unbelievable value for money!  Many thanks again "transporter" for posting about it.

Your welcome mate