Case back opening.

philipk5

https://www.amazon.com/Opener-Stainless-Professional-Adjustable-Remover/dp/B01K7ADWWA  

This is the most widely used adjustable wrench.

You may find the back hard to turn and open, due to dirt ...etc, 

Watch oil or auto brake fluid or B12 applied generously around the rim of the back and letting it soak over night is helpful and normally adequate.

Regards joe

Thanks for all the comments.  It's not a conventional screw back - there are only four notches and an inscription for open and close. There is a very small amount of (very free) movement of about 5/10 degrees. I assume that a small turn and the back would drop off, but it doesn't and I am reluctant to "persuade" it until I have a better idea of exactly how it should come apart and hence then working out why it doesn't. 

Bonus points to clockboy and eezyrider ! 

Managed to open it. Apparently there are three lugs on the case back that are equally spaced and locate with corresponding notches on the case. Very easy to go past the opening point and as such re-lock it (Japanese sense of humour??).

Here are some photos to clarify, also for future reference should anyone encounter one. Assuming this isn't the only one still in existence.

Many thanks to all.

Now just need to track down a replacement movement...….

PA130001.JPG

PA130002.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1