VWatchie

Can't find a watch case for ETA cal. 2804-2

I've made up my mind to build a watch around the the ETA 2804-2 (28.800/Manual wind/Date complication). It's diameter is identical to the ETA 2824-2 (25.60 mm), but the height  of the 2804-2 is just 3.35 mm, that is 1.25 mm less than the 2824-2. I've been looking around but it seems very difficult (impossible?) to find watch cases designed for the ETA 2804-2, but there are plenty of cases to choose from for the 2824-2. So, I have two questions...

1. Where can I find watch cases designed for the ETA 2804-2, and if that isn't possible...?

2. Would a case designed for the 2824-2 work with the 2804-2? My guess is that it would, but that the case back would be unnecessarily thick?

Edited by VWatchie
Wrong tags

I have the exact same problem, I'd love to build a deck watch from the stellita version of 2804, but I just can't find cases anywhere. It fits in the automatic cases, but it defeats the purpose in my opinion of using that nice thinner movement when the case isn't thinner. I've thought about having one made, but Im terrible with design and a one off will be incredibly pricey.
Hopefully someone here will have some insight!!!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Ni  Vwatchie

26.5 mm dial diameter would be a boy size watch, which I got plenty of and do not recommend. Larger diameter Gent size is more valuable and better looking.

I think dial should be your first concern. Preferably one with feet fitting right on the movement.Best is a dial that came on the movement in the first place.retrofitting , feet welding are not prime options, Only last resort. The second point is winding  stem height, that however can be solved by slight shimming of the dial plate. 

Awaiting your feedback.

Regards joe.

Oh sorry joe, my reading of your message was sloppy! I somehow thought you were asking about the diameter of the 2824-2  movement. Let me find a dial that I want to use and get back to you! Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stian
      Hi gurus,
      I'm working towards a project of making watches from scratch, and as part of that I'm considering buying a milling machine. Given the precision levels needed for both milling and boring, I'm considering a rather costly option, the Wabeco F1200. It has a 0.01mm tolerance for milling and 0.03mm for boring.
      My question: would you have an opinion or experience with the suitability of such a mill? Or would you have alternative suggestions for me?
      -- 
      Best regards,
      Stian
    • By hokavan
      Hi all,
      I broke the pivot of balance wheel on ETA 2804-2.
      I bought a generic complete balance wheel with bridge for ETA 2824-2 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262234041099?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) and tried to install it without any difficulty. There is only a difference between the new and old one is the shock assemblies (Incabloc vs Novodiac). In the photo below, the new one is the yeallow on the right hand side.

My question are:
      - Is the complete balance wheel and bridge replaceable between those movements?
      - If Yes, after installed, the balance wheel has swung a little bit then stop. What is the reason? How to fix it?
      Thank you

• By darthdosh
      Hello everyone, first of all I am fairly new in watch repairing/collecting, so please go easy on me!  Recently I have bought an Eternamatic 3000 Wristwatch Automatic Date movement with the calibre number 1500k. I have been looking over the net since forever to find a case in which this movement would fit in. I did some research and came up with the exact "dimensions" of the movement. I am attaching the sheet below.. I know that it is forbidden for other user members to promote the selling of such items, but at least if I can get a recommendation as to where to go on the net for the case that would be great...!  Thank you very much everyone!
      Eterna 1500, 1501.pdf
    • By klimi99
      Greetings All,
      I hope this is not a silly question but I'd like to identify what tool(s) I might need to open this type of screw back watch case (see pic. below). This is an inexpensive Victorinox Swiss Army watch and I really don't want to spend $20-$25 at a Jeweler's to have the battery replaced. I know it's definitely not a snap/pop off case.

Thanks,

Klimi99

• By haratua
      I am wondering if anyone could provide some advice on polishing the scratches off steel watch case and bracelets? Would love to hear how you could do it, both for polished steel and also matte/satin finish steel.

Thanks
      Ferdinand